San Sebastián lies on the northern coast of Spain in Basque Country and is about an 90mins by coach from Bilbao Airport . I spent three days there enjoying this wonderful town.
Here are my favourite things not too miss.
1. La Concha Beach – it’s a lovely beach to walk along and even during late spring when we visited the sea was warm enough to swim in.
2. Montei Gueldo Cable Car At the far end of the sea front you can get the cable car to Montei Gueldo. Great photos from the top and there even is a fun fair at the summit ! The link to the cable car is here : http://www.monteigueldo.es/monte-igueldo-funicular
3. Real Sociedad FC Tour – If you love football it’s worth taking the tour which includes the museum, changing rooms, trophy cabinets, press room and the pitch.4. Petritegi Cider House – Don’t miss this Cider House experience which is about 15 mins in a taxi. Book in advance as it gets very busy. Great food and as much Cider as you can drink straight from the cask. Here is the link the the Cider House https://www.petritegi.com/en
5. San Sebastián Museum – It’s worth spending an hour or two in the museum. It gives some good insight into the local history and wars between Spain, France and the UK.
6. Pintxos – These delightful little snacks are widely available in the town and you can even get a tour of the best pinxtos bars. Served normally on a small piece of bread and washed down with a nice glass of wine.
7. The Christ Monument -This monument is easy to get. Just go up the steps at the side of the Museum Square and follow the path. It’s well used , has a stone base and is used by many people. At the top is a small museum and a large statue of Christ overlooking San Sebastián.
8. Getting from / to Bilbao airport – it’s very simple use the bus directly outside departures. It takes about 90 mins.
Why not follow me on follow me on twitter @hardy_travel or @hardyneil